JOB OPPORTUNITY – City Administrator
Application Closing Date: 09/29/2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Please see and complete the following documents:
- Job Posting –
- The City of Spooner is seeking a collaborative and visionary leader with strong communication and cross-functional leadership skills. The City Administrator will be responsible for the general oversight and effectiveness of city services in addition to being the driving force behind the City’s long-term and strategic vision.
- This position involves a variety of duties in the administration of City activities including oversight of day-to-day operations for the City of Spooner and City Hall staff; zoning and building inspection oversight; grant writing and alternative funding sourcing; project planning, construction coordination; and budget planning in association with appropriate Council committees and Department Directors. Additionally, this position will work closely with appropriate State, County and regional organizations to ensure compliance with administrative rules, policies, and laws as well as alignment of goals where possible.
- This postion includes frequent contact with citizens, public officials on City, County, State, and Federal levels, engineering consultants, and other public personnel. This position also involves the management and coordination of design work of City of Spooner Utilities, transportation and maintenance work in cooperation with the Street Superintendent, and coordination with the Chief of Police.
- Job Description – Complete job description will be posted at a later time.
- Full-time Position
- Compensation: $75,000 – $100,000 dependent on qualifications
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in public administration or equivalent degree(s) or educational experience. A master’s degree in public management, public policy, or a related field is preferred. (Note: Experience in a public government supervisory position may be substitued for the education requirement.)
- Application Form – Please click on link to view job application.
- Application Attachment – Required Attachment. Clink on link to view. This form must be included with job application to be considered complete.
- Please submit a detailed resume with your application.