Where does my drinking water come from?

The City of Spooner has two ground water wells. Our main well draws from 343 feet and our standby well draws water from 80 feet.
How many customers does Spooner Municipal Utilities have?

We currently service 1,354 water customers and 1,617 electrical customers.

If I leave town for the winter months, should I notify the utility?

Yes, please do. If we are aware that you are out of town, we will need to have a mailing address for the winter months.

If I have an emergency at night whom should I contact?

If it is a true emergency, please dial 911. If you have an outage to report or other situation that you need to notify the utility about you can call our utility crew at the after hours numbers. These numbers are 715-520-0203, 715-520-0565, 715-520-7969, 715-492-0493 and 715-520-8990. If you do not get an answer at the first number, please try the second, third, fourth or fifth number.

Where do I pay my utility bill?

You can mail your payment to Spooner Municipal Utilities, PO Box 548, Spooner. There are drop boxes located in the bowling alley parking lot and inside City Hall’s outside door. These drop boxes are checked daily at 8:30 a.m. for any payments. If you would like to pay your bill in person, payments can be dropped off at City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

There is a tree limb on my electric line, who do I contact?

Contact Gary Johnson, Utility Superintendent who will check the limb to see if it is posing a threat. Sometimes the line is not actually an electrical line and in that case we will let you know so you can contact other service providers (phone or cable). You can contact Gary at City Hall at 715-635-8769 or via email at johnsong@cityofspooner.org.

Who should I contact if I plan on doing any digging on my property?

Please contact Digger’s Hotline at 800-242-8511. They will contact our office to locate lines that may be buried underneath your property.

How do I go about signing up or canceling my utilities?

You will need to stop by our office and sign a short form to move the utilities either into or out of your name. If you can not stop in then a faxed or mailed note with the following information is also acceptable: date of change over; name of customer, if you are selling/buying or just renting; address where the bill should be sent; service address; names of adults who will be or currently are living in the household and a mailing address for final bills.

When is my utility bill due?

Your utility bill is due on the 5th of the month.